As of June 7, Patients 70+ are eligible to receive their 2nd Covid-19 vaccine (minimum interval, 28 days from last)
Those who had their FIRST Pfizer dose on or BEFORE April 18, 2021
(Only Pfizer available on site).
Please note: If you do not meet all eligibility criteria set by Public Health, we are unable to administer the vaccine.
Please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
We have AstraZeneca vaccines back in stock. If it has been 12 weeks since since Dose 1, you are now eligible.
Welcome Dr. Patricia Pui Shuen Lee to Kingsbridge Medical Centre
She will help in the care of our practice patients!
Call soon to schedule appointments.
COVID 19 Pfizer and Moderna Shortened Second Dose Eligibility
Highest-Risk Health Conditions:
- Transplant recipients (including solid organ transplants and hematopoietic stem cell transplants)
- Patients receiving stable, active treatment for
- malignant hematologic disorders on immunocompromising therapy (e.g., chemotherapy, targeted therapies, immunotherapy)
- Patients with non hematologic malignant solid tumors on immunocompromising therapy
In Peel Region, these patient groups will require a letter from a physician to confirm that they have one of the above eligible health conditions to receive an exception to the extended dosing interval. This letter should be presented at both the first and second appointment.
In addition to the above, the province announced that the list of those eligible for exceptions to extended dosing intervals for COVID-19 vaccines has been expanded to include several health care worker groups.
Eligible groups include:
- All hospital and acute care staff in frontline roles with COVID-19 patients and/or with a high-risk of exposure to COVID-19, including nurses and personal support workers and those performing aerosol-generating procedures
- All patient-facing health care workers involved in the COVID-19 response
- Medical first responders (e.g., paramedics) o Community health care workers serving
- specialized populations (e.g., needle exchange/syringe programs and supervised consumption and treatment services, Indigenous health care service providers)
- Long-term care home and retirement-home health care workers, including nurses, personal support workers and Essential Caregivers
- Individuals working in Community Health Centers (CHCs) serving disproportionally affected communities
- Critical health care workers in remote and hard to access communities (e.g., sole practitioners)
- Home and community care health care workers, including nurses and personal support workers caring for recipients of chronic homecare and seniors in congregate living facilities or providing hands-on care to COVID-19 patients in the community
To access vaccine appointment bookings at Peel Public Health Mass Vaccination Clinics or Hospital Clinics, eligible residents can:
Book online by visiting:
COVID-19 vaccination of homebound persons: Contact your family doctor to arrange, based on eligibility.
Kingsbridge NEW TEMPORARY HOURS
Monday – Friday 9:00am – 7:30pm
Saturday 10:00am – 4:00pm find out, physician availability)
Sunday 10:00am – 3:00pm
Reminder for all patients that park in the NON GATED parking space to the right hand side, please register your license plate number to avoid any parking tickets.
NOTICE: DR. MASOOD:
It is with heavy hearts, to announce that Dr Masood passed away peacefully on Friday November 13, 2020.
She is survived by her husband and 3 children.
Her ready smile, affable nature and caring professionalism will be missed by the entire Kingsbridge family and the thousands of patients she has cared for, over the last 20 years.
May she Rest In Peace, she will forever remain in our hearts.
Dr. Masood Patients:
Please seek a new Family Doctor to assume your ongoing care, ASAP.
Kingsbridge Medical Centre will provide temporary care, till you find a new Family Doctor.
There is a fee for records transfer.
TELEPHONE APPOINTMENTS :
The doctor will attempt to call you, within a one hour window of the appointment time, that is, one hour before, to one hour after.￼
The doctor may be calling from a BLOCKED number so your phone must accept BLOCKED calls. ￼
If there is no answer and you have voicemail, the doctor will leave a voicemail, and you will need to make another/rearrange telephone appointment￼. ￼
Medical care provided by telephone, for some disorders or urgent problems, cannot replace the need for physical examination or an in person assessment. Patients must seek urgent emergency department care as necessary, in their own judgement or if advised by the physicians or staff here￼￼.
LAB IS CLOSED
Routine (and urgent) labwork can be done at local LIFELABS and GAMMA DYNACARE locations, see link below. (Call ahead for hours of service as they may also change without notice.)
Please note that turn around time for faxed prescription renewals is 1 week.
For medical and insurance forms, please allow at minimum 2 weeks for completion.